About this section:
In the course of one day, we experience so many emotions. Some,
such as genuine love and compassion, are valuable. Others, such
as attachment, anger, closed-mindedness, pride and jealously, disturb
our mental peace and lead us to act in ways that hurt ourselves
and others. These pieces help us to examine our disturbing attitudes
and negative emotions and to explore some antidotes to pacify and
How to Live Without Fear and Worry
by Venerable Thubten Chodron©
Kreta Ayer People's Theatre, Singapore
Fri, 8 Nov 2002
Fear and worry - what are
Fears and worries of a parent - how to deal with these
Other ways to deal with fear and worry
[20 min] : Download
Other ways to deal with
fear and worry - cont'd
[21 min] : Download
Importance of application
Questions and answers
[22 min] : Download
Questions & answers - cont'd
[21 min] : Download
- About allowing people to cut queue.
- How to control anger.
- How to help children who have great
fear that their parents are going to die?
- How do we watch our mind to see if we're
progressing positively when we practice?
- How do we deal with the fear of making
a wrong decision which could endanger somebody's life?
- Can we chant for fear and worry to leave
- Is working in a drug manufacturing company
that does animal testing a right livelihood?
- Where do we go after we die?
- Compassion as antidote to fear and worry
- is this the same as developing perspective?
- How do I develop compassion for people
who lack compassion?
- My son is converting to Christianity.
Should I respect his decision?
- How does one differentiate suffering
caused by past karma from that caused by present actions?
- People deserve to live in fear and worry
because they create the bad karma themselves, and karma cannot
be changed. Please comment.
- About dealing with a maid who steals.
- How can we live in the present and still
make plans for the future?
- If we try to be kind to people we don't
like, aren't we being hypocritical? But if we ignore them, aren't
we being unkind?
- Learning to deal with our fears and
worries helps us to progress, therefore we should create more
fear and worry. Please comment.
- What's your view on the use of anti-anxiety
drugs which doctors sometimes prescribe to reduce fear and worry?
Back to Top