About this section:
In the course of one day, we experience so many emotions. Some,
such as genuine love and compassion, are valuable. Others, such
as attachment, anger, closed-mindedness, pride and jealously, disturb
our mental peace and lead us to act in ways that hurt ourselves
and others. These pieces help us to examine our disturbing attitudes
and negative emotions and to explore some antidotes to pacify and
Meeting Breast Cancer with the Dharma
Member, Friends of Sravasti Abbey (FOSA) Leadership Team
Sravasti Abbey, Newport, Washington, USA
6 May 2007
This talk on breast cancer and choosing a mastectomy was given by Kathleen Herron at Sravasti Abbey.
Audio [64 minutes] : Download mp3 file
- Setting the context for meeting suffering; the 4 noble truths.
What my 4 teachers taught me:
- Thubten Chodron -- Be kind to everyone at the hospital
- Yangsi Rinpoche -- Be gentle with yourself; do taking and giving meditation
- Lama Zopa Rinpoche, from Transforming Problems into Happiness -- " This is not a problem"
- Geshe Kalsang Damdul -- Never think of this as anything but purification
Back to Top