to Take the Bodhisattva Vows.
- Taking the bodhisattva vows if they haven't
taken them before
- Having taken vows, how to keep them pure &
- Commitments of the aspiring bodhisattva
- How to prevent the bodhicitta from degenerating
- Remember the advantages of bodhicitta
again and again.
- To strengthen one's bodhicitta,
generate the thought to attain enlightenment for the
benefit of all sentient beings three times in the
morning and three times in the evening. Recitation
and contemplation of the prayer for taking refuge
and generating the dedicated heart is a good way to
- Do not give up working for sentient
beings even when they are harmful.
- To enhance one's bodhicitta, accumulate
both merit and wisdom continuously.
- How to prevent losing the bodhicitta
in future lives
- Abandon the four black actions
- Deceiving the Guru, abbot or
other holy beings with lies.
- Causing others to regret virtuous
actions that they have done.
- Abusing or criticizing bodhisattvas
or the Mahayana.
- Not acting with a pure selfless
wish but with pretention and deceit.
- Practice the four white actions:
- Abandon deliberately deceiving
and lying to Gurus, abbots and so forth.
- Be straightforward, without
pretension or deceit.
- Generate the recognition of
bodhisattvas as one's teacher and praise them.
- Assume the responsibility oneself to lead all sentient beings to
- Commitments of the engaged bodhisattva vows
Root Vows] [46
Auxiliary Vows] [Teachings]