Prostrations from Afar
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Sravasti Abbey, Newport, Washington USA
Ongoing: Beginning June 2006
Students from around the world are participating in the Prostrations from Afar. During a monthly teleconference, Ven. Chodron answers participants' questions.
4 June 2006 [54 minutes] : Download mp3 file
Venerable Chodron gives an explanation of the practice of prostrations to the thirty-five Buddhas and answers questions.
- Can you explain the visualization done during the prostrations?
- Can you explain the sections on confession and rejoicing?
- Can you give advice on doing the practice when you have young children?
28 June 2006 [64 minutes] : Download mp3 file
- Do have to do the practice before midnight?
- Can you clarify dedication?
- What about doing the practice while you are on a retreat?
- At the end should we meditate on the emptiness of our transgressions?
- What if you find it difficult to say you will not do the action ever again?
- What do you do when self-doubt makes it difficult to practice?
- How do you handle strong emotions that arise during the practice?
25 August 2006 [56 minutes] : Download mp3 file
- What do you do when you feel there is no progress?
- What can you do to increase your enthusiasm for purification practice?
- Are there different qualities of the different Buddha families?
- How can I see the practice as a meditation on emptiness?
- Can you talk about purification in terms of dependent arising?